IBTO Reference and Clinical Laboratories
IBTO Reference and Clinical Laboratories were founded along with IBTO at 1974. This lab center mainly serves in three closely related sections:
A: Reference Laboratories:
Reference laboratories run in four major lab departments as follows:
1. Immunohematology national reference laboratory with the following major activities:
2. Coagulation reference laboratory, which performs almost all coagulation factor assays and coagulation screening tests as well as tests related to platelets dysfunction and thrombophilia. This lab is also a participant of reputable EQAS-WHO program for quality control and assessment of its activities.
3. Reference laboratory of Transfusion Transmitted Infections (TTI), which performs screening and confirmatory tests for detection and diagnosis of TTI including: HBV, HCV, HIV, HTLV1, 2 and other hepatotropic viruses, employing the most precise up to date techniques and procedures.
5. Histocompatibility and Transplantation reference laboratory, which conducts HLA typing on HLA A,B,DR and C,DQ classes by means of low and further high resolution techniques of SSO and SSP. This is of aid in finding the most compatible HLA matches for cord blood and stem cell recipients.
B: Training center for post graduate students of high institute for research and education in transfusion medicine including MS and PhD students of high institute, Pathology residents and subspecialist fellows of Hematology, oncology from all medical universities in Tehran.
C: Providing main research resources for faculty members of high institute.
Certificates and awards:
Reference and Clinical Laboratories
- EMRO with the collaboration of IBTO and IRETM published The First Regional Status Report on Blood Safety and Availability
- IRETM and universities of Kurdistan regional government to collaborate on academic and educational areas
- Re-designation of IBTO as WHO Collaborating Center for 2017-2021
- Visit of IBTO Managing Director to Afghanistan Blood Service
- Three days international workshop on GMP in Blood Transfusion
- For the first time, blood transfusion on emergency helicopter saved the lives of wounded
- Tehran-Hanoi cycling tour in commemoration of World Blood Donor Day
- Opening Ceremony of Joint IRETM-UPEC Diploma Course on Management of Blood Transfusion Medicine
- Iranian Minister of Health: IBTO stands in the way of progress
- Training of Trainers workshop on Good Manufacturing Practices in blood transfusion