The High Council of IBTO consists of professionals in blood transfusion science. Managing Director of IBTO is selected by the High Council.
The High Council of IBTO is the main policy maker in organizational chart, which is chaired by the Minister of Health (MOH).
Current members of high council who are appointed by Iranian Minister of Health:
- IBTO in collaboration with WHO-EMRO to prepare 15-year regional status report for blood safety and availability in EMR
- The Governing Council Meeting of Asian Association of Transfusion Medicine in Tehran
- International workshop on Strengthening Leadership and Governance of National Blood Services
- The 4th Iran International Congress of Transfusion Medicine hosts 18 countries
- The first blood bag manufacturing company opens in Iran
- IBTO Managing Director presents Iran's experience in thalassemia prevention at 35th International Congress of the ISBT
- Message from Dr. Ahmed Al-Mandhari Regional Director of EMRO on the occasion of World Blood Donor Day
- Rwanda National Blood Service: A role model for least developed countries
- Visit of Pharmaceutical & Medical equipment delegation from Oman to IBTO
- AB negative: The rarest blood type in Iran