Research Department of IRETM is active on orientation of research projects, organization of regular research sessions, assessment and follow up of research projects, plans to make regular visits to blood centers across the country to exert control and surveillance, arrangement of research workshops, preparation of the necessary research grounds, research prioritization, plans to make research findings practical for the purpose of innovation and accomplishment in the domain of transfusion medicine and transfusion sciences, authorship, compilation, and translation of specialty books with the contribution of IBTO faculty members, specialists, physicians, and experts, preparation and incorporation of the most up-to-date scientific books and resources in IBTO central library with access to electronic books and journals.
Research Ethics Committee
The Committee was accredited to act at the university level for three years (2014-2017). It is governed by the National Committee for Ethics in Biomedical Research affiliated to Iran Ministry of Health and Medical Education.
Scientific Journal of Iranian Blood Transfusion Organization Research Center
SJIBTO is published quarterly in collaboration among High Institute for Research & Education inTransfusion Medicine, Iranian Blood Transfusion Organization Research Center and the Scientific Association of Blood Transfusion with different scientific associations (including Anesthesiology and Emergency Care, paediatric Haematology-Oncology, Adult Haematology-Oncology, Virology, Iranian Pathologists, Iranian Society of Surgeons, and Haematology-Oncology and Bone Marrow Transplantation Research Center). The objectives of this scientific quarterly journal are to promote and disseminate investigation pertinent to the domains of blood donors recruitment and training, screening methods, the appropriate use of blood and blood components, Clinical aspects and modern technologies in the field of transfusion sciences and transfusion medicine, all aiming at promoting blood safety. This journal is indexed by EBSCO, CINAHL, Academic Search Complete, Academic Search Research & Development, IMEMR, ISC, Index Copernicus, SID, Iranmedex and Magiran and approved by Iranian Medical Journal Commission, Deputy of Research and Technology, Ministry of Health and Education.
- WHO representative in Iran: IBTO's activities in the region are impressive
- IBTO shares its experiences on centralization of blood system to Pakistan
- IBTO's representatives participate in Governing Council meeting of AATM in New Delhi
- IBTO in collaboration with WHO EMRO to prepare the 15-year trend of blood safety and availability in the region
- IRETM's student wins the Best Research Poster Presentation Award in AABB-AATM 2018 joint congress
- IBTO's representative shares Iran's experience in the 2nd National Transfusion Medicine Workshop in Muscat
- AATM-AABB 2018 joint Congress: Blood safety in Iran comparable to developed countries
- IBTO Joins Worldwide search for planet's rarest blood type for 2-year-old
- Tehran Times: HIV risk from blood transfusion cut to zero in 16 provinces
- IBTO in collaboration with WHO-EMRO to prepare 15-year regional status report for blood safety and availability in EMR