IBTO Reference and Clinical Laboratories
IBTO Reference and Clinical Laboratories were founded along with IBTO at 1974. This lab center mainly serves in three closely related sections:
A: Reference Laboratories:
Reference laboratories run in four major lab departments as follows:
1. Immunohematology national reference laboratory with the following major activities:
2. Coagulation reference laboratory, which performs almost all coagulation factor assays and coagulation screening tests as well as tests related to platelets dysfunction and thrombophilia. This lab is also a participant of reputable EQAS-WHO program for quality control and assessment of its activities.
3. Reference laboratory of Transfusion Transmitted Infections (TTI), which performs screening and confirmatory tests for detection and diagnosis of TTI including: HBV, HCV, HIV, HTLV1, 2 and other hepatotropic viruses, employing the most precise up to date techniques and procedures.
5. Histocompatibility and Transplantation reference laboratory, which conducts HLA typing on HLA A,B,DR and C,DQ classes by means of low and further high resolution techniques of SSO and SSP. This is of aid in finding the most compatible HLA matches for cord blood and stem cell recipients.
B: Training center for post graduate students of high institute for research and education in transfusion medicine including MS and PhD students of high institute, Pathology residents and subspecialist fellows of Hematology, oncology from all medical universities in Tehran.
C: Providing main research resources for faculty members of high institute.
Certificates and awards:
Reference and Clinical Laboratories
- IBTO in collaboration with WHO-EMRO to prepare 15-year regional status report for blood safety and availability in EMR
- The Governing Council Meeting of Asian Association of Transfusion Medicine in Tehran
- International workshop on Strengthening Leadership and Governance of National Blood Services
- The 4th Iran International Congress of Transfusion Medicine hosts 18 countries
- The first blood bag manufacturing company opens in Iran
- IBTO Managing Director presents Iran's experience in thalassemia prevention at 35th International Congress of the ISBT
- Message from Dr. Ahmed Al-Mandhari Regional Director of EMRO on the occasion of World Blood Donor Day
- Rwanda National Blood Service: A role model for least developed countries
- Visit of Pharmaceutical & Medical equipment delegation from Oman to IBTO
- AB negative: The rarest blood type in Iran